The Opening Staff is responsible for leading, instructing, coaching, and managing all store members and trainees in ensuring an exceptional guest experience.
• Educate and train hands-on work on an ongoing basis to employees, respond to customer service needs, or otherwise role model appropriate behaviors in the store.
• Monitors, coaches, models, and can complete all product, prepping, line set-up, or cleaning assignment accurately, neatly, and within the assigned time
• Models, coaches, and maintains proper food handling, safety, and cleaning and sanitation standards while preparing food.
• Consistently models and demonstrates how to clean food-prepping equipment thoroughly
• Manages progressions of new employees’ skills after multiple training.
• Maintains a positive work environment for all team members/trainees at all times
• Ability to develop positive and professional working relationships with all team members and work as a team by helping as needed or requested
• Effectively use training techniques of repetition, modeling, and reflection to better meet the learning needs of team members/trainees
• Adheres and follows training materials to maintain the validity of material being taught
• Actively collaborates with training team to evaluate training techniques and materials to meet more diverse needs of the team members/trainees
• Committed to engaging in ongoing training initiatives to improve leadership and training skills to better the brand
• Provides a high level of attention to guest satisfaction and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and customers
• Actively displays knowledge of all food menu items and current promotions
• Ability to maintain a professional appearance at all times
• Trainers must be willing to work any hours of operation, willing to work long hours during holiday and new store opening
• Extensive travel for both short and long period of time should be expected
• Complies with Company policy against Harassment, Discrimination, and Retaliation in the Workplace.
• Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
• Reports all irregular issues and problems with kitchen or dishwashing equipment to store management for solutions.
• Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
Food Handlers’ certificate required.
• High school graduate or above.
• Strong work ethic supported by a pleasant and positive attitude of “can do” success.
• Ability to communicate in English
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and management staff.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is moderate to noisy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Essential Weight Lifting/Force Exertion
1/3 to 2/3 of time: Up to 50 pounds with a lifting aid
More than 2/3 of time: Up to 10 pounds