With several hundred locations and an 80-year history of growth, our multi-billion-dollar client recently went public and is the #2 retailer in their business segment. Compensation package includes bonus, long-term incentives, and a robust relocation package.
In this newly created role, you will manage a sizeable team of six Content Specialists, partnering closely with cross-functional teams and external vendor partners to drive the overall "buyability" of website products. In this critical position, you and your team will directly impact site conversion and the overall customer experience, executing and influencing the ongoing enhancement and optimization strategies based on measured performance and customer feedback. You will also:
Lead a Team and Foster Cross-functional Partnerships
- Continue to build and manage the performance and professional development of a team of Content Specialists.
- Influence cross-functional leaders to establish business objectives specific to Omnichannel.
- Drive projects with cross-functional teams, including IT, Merchandising, Marketing, and Omnichannel, to improve product copy, attribute structure, and overall buyability of website products.
- Collaborate with buying and Omnichannel teams to enhance style guide, govern values, and optimize third party video, 360, UGC, and sizing vendors to maximize consumer value.
- Work with the analytics team to measure product page and grid page effectiveness to evaluate and improve future performance.
- Partner with merchant groups to prioritize the activation of significant product and intraday launches consistent with brand guidelines and competitive landscape demands.
- Coordinate integrated teams from one or more external agencies or functional organizations supporting managed initiatives
- Assist in the ongoing day-to-day interaction, management, and optimization of third-party providers.
Lead Content Tactics & Strategies
- Enhance, develop, and manage best in class product content for the website.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, consistency, and buyability of product content delivery – with established KPIs to measure the impact content has on conversion and overall customer experience.
- Maintain a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties consistent with the style guide and agreed-upon data governance standards.
- Become the subject matter expert for all product categories online; learn and report on best practices, industry standards, and legal requirements associated with assigned projects.
- Prioritize projects and ensure deliverables and goals are met or exceeded.
- Measure ongoing effectiveness of programs against metric targets
- Execute and influence ongoing enhancement/optimization strategy based on measured performance and customer feedback.
- Troubleshoot, and problem-solve for ongoing operational needs as they arise.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both within and outside of the company.
- Must be skilled in managing and leading the performance and professional development of direct reports.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to articulate the organization's vision in a way that is easily understood and adopted by the team.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to achieve meaningful business outcomes, often without formal authority.
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and the ability to leverage the team to support multiple initiatives and a large work volume.
- Analytical, with strong problem-solving abilities and creative resolution skills.
- Ability to recognize and adapt to company culture.
- Ability to organize and synthesize large amounts of complex data into clear, concise presentations.
- Leads by example, models a passion for the business and demonstrates a proactive and solution orientated style.
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail, and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytic skills and the ability to use key tools to dive deep and provide analysis consistently on performance metrics.
- Strong Excel capabilities preferred and the capability to use Web Analytics platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, or relevant field of study preferred.
- 5+ years of eCommerce, Retail, or product content experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience managing a team in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.