- Responsible for the effective management of dealer registration, reception, data entry clerks, tote and board clerks as well as sales day clerks by ensuring the understanding of auction policies through ongoing training sessions.
- Conducts performance appraisals and applies progressive discipline when required. Also responsible to hire additional staff and manage staff work schedules.
- Ensures superior customer service by educating customers on auction policies and procedures and by assisting them with their requests in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participates in maintaining inter-department communications on a daily basis to ensure
- the proper flow of information and facilitates a more effective workflow and good customer relations.
- May be responsible for cash sales transactions and applicable documentation
- High School diploma or equivalent in education/experience
- Specialized courses in accounting and management an asset
- 2 -3 years related office experience
- Excellent people management, communication, interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Prior supervisory experience is required
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills with the ability to juggle demands and meet deadlines