In this role, you will be performing a vital role, helping support the sales team, assisting with customers and helping support the management team while reporting directly to the President. This is a fast-paced environment looking for someone who shows initiative and a willingness to learn. As the Office Manager/Bookkeeper you will help in many facets to make sure that everything runs smoothly with career growth available.
- Well established company – in business for over 100 years
- Wholesaler of building materials, stone products and masonry products
- Position is open due to growth within the organization
Benefits & Features:
- Consistent schedule - no late nights, working on major holidays, Mon – Fri schedule
- Excellent benefits package options to find one that best fits your needs
- Excellent benefits, Retirement plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, and more
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Manage monthly HR functions: Payroll, PTO, vacation, and sick time reporting.
- Experienced in wholesale invoicing to include COD payments and credit accounts.
- Accountable for all collection, payment, and filing of customer invoices via mail, email, and through the sales desks
- Run and maintain financial reports including payroll.
- Match all A/P invoices with packing slips and post all invoices in Quick Books
- Will make collection calls to all customers big and small when payment needs are requested
- Assist with maintaining financial spreadsheets, budgets, sales, tax preparations, and reports
- Perform monthly and year-end closings
- Manage budgets, sales, and tax preparation
- Write journal entries
- Set up and maintain vendor accounts in accounting program
- Setting up procedures and processes for the team
- 5+ yrs. of bookkeeping and office management experience
- Strong proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel required
- 2 or 4 yr. degree is a plus, but can be substituted by depth of experience
- Adept at accounting software
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A natural desire to work in a team environment that is supportive and customer-focused.
- Outstanding work ethic and integrity with a desire to constantly improve one’s work performance
- Ability to work well with others, helping to support each team member’s effort to succeed
- Aptitude to think through one’s decisions, solving problems, and coming up with solutions
- Outstanding organizational skills and extremely detail-oriented
- Capable of working independently and be flexible in response to changing office needs or requests