Office Manager – Automotive Dealership
$65,000 - Depending on Experience
- Provide a world class experience for our customers and your colleagues.
- Hire, train, and supervise office personnel.
- Performs regular performance evaluations with all office personnel.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures.
- Controls all posted documents, including time records, vehicle deals, commissions and additions and changes to inventory.
- Controls petty cash amounts for dealership and sales department.
- Provides a timely daily cash card and keeps the controller informed about trends.
- Reconciles select GL accounts monthly.
- Approves adjustments to inventory and receivable accounts.
- Ensures that all manufacturer accounts including warranty claims, rebates, and interest accounts are current and accurate.
- Prints monthly journals, schedules and general ledger. Closes month by processing accounting month-end.
- Assists in completion of annual review/audit.
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations.
- Reviews payroll on a timely basis, review posting of payroll journal entry which staff performs and maintains payroll records.
- Prepares tax reports, tax deposits and tax returns in a timely, accurate manner.
- Prepares employee health/life benefit payments.
- Stays abreast of current factory incentives and codes deliveries on dealership computer systems accordingly.
- Administers charge-back program for late charges to inventory.
- Oversees the preparation of sales commission/chargeback detail reports.
- Approves new charge accounts and oversees collection of past due accounts.
- Compiles information and prepares reports as requested by management.
- Controls dealer plates and maintains log of plates issued to employees.
- Cross-trains a qualified substitute.
- Processes paperwork for new employees and terminations.
- Keeps an updated file of all dealership job descriptions.
- Maintains confidential employment files.
- Performs sales tax filings to the state and local government.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Skills & Knowledge:
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent dealership experience.
- A positive attitude, high level of engagement, sense of urgency, process discipline and customer centricity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills to effectively work with employees, colleagues, vendors, and factory personnel.
- Advanced understanding of automotive technology and proficient knowledge of dealerships computer systems.
- Advanced understanding of H.R and payroll related matters.
- Exceptional organization and multi-tasking skills.
Interested candidates, please contact Kristin Frank at 602-788-5890 x.124 or via email at email@example.com.