Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Occupational Health and Safety Specialist at our Rockwood Propellant Plant. The Rockwood facility is located just 20 minutes North of Winnipeg, near Stony Mountain, MB.
The Occupational Health and Safety Specialist at our Rockwood Plant will be responsible for the continued design, implementation, and administration of the safety and health program, including performing regular systems audits as well as developing, and delivering related training. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining the ERD explosive license and ensure all explosive regulations are followed.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Knowledge of federal/provincial occupational safety and health legislation/regulations, applicable standards and guidelines as well as federal explosive regulations;
- Knowledge of safe work practices including: WHMIS, chemical handling/storage, confined space entry, contractor safety, fall protection, hearing conservation (noise) and machine guarding;
- A post-secondary education and/or certification in Occupational Safety and Health and/or an equivalent amount of work experience;
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience;
- Experience in handling and processing of explosives and propellants;
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification;
- Computer literate with strong communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.