The Sales Representative will be a responsible for a Surgical Instrument product line and solely responsible for sales of these products within a defined territory. Primary responsibility will be to achieve or exceed defined territory sales revenue targets through strategic planning, relationship building, new account targeting, extensive product knowledge and exceptional customer service. The Sales Specialists will call on multiple call points / specializations with 90% of time spent in the Operating Room.
- Develop new business with customers and accounts previously not sold to
- Take initiative to identify new business opportunities
- Maintain high level of technical, product and disease state knowledge
- Provide a consultative role in the OR environment in accordance with specific product indications
- Perform sales administrative duties in a timely manner and as defined by management.
Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience is required; business or science-related degree preferred
- Two years’ surgical device or other medical sales preferred
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal skills.
- Confidence to communicate with established physicians and other surgical personnel
- Strong negotiation and selling skills.
- Interpersonal and political savvy within hospital setting
- Track record of developing sales plans and executing
- Team player
- Highly competitive with a strong track record of success
- Must possess a valid driver’s license