Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
To undertake this work, the company's Safety Division requires an experienced health and safety professional with knowledge and understanding of workplace violence legislation and practices, workplace violence reduction programs, risk assessment methodology and best practice in relation to workforce safety. This experience and knowledge may have been gained in Canada or internationally.
What you will achieve in this role:
- Review and analyze the results from the company's 2020 Workplace Violence
- Survey, identifying trends and areas of concern;
- Review the current status within the company of workplace violence processes, procedures, and training programs;
- Support a safety risk assessment of all facilities, which is currently underway and needs to be completed before March 31st, 2021;
- Develop the workplace violence program to address gaps, update processes, and bring synergies to the program;
- Develop supporting training and tools;
- Develop a recommended ongoing Workplace Violence Prevention program and implementation plan.
- There will be a close interdependency with the stated work to update the workplace harassment and discrimination program within the company. This role will report to the Director, Passenger & Public Safety + Occupational Health, Safety & Environment.
What you will bring to this role:
Hours of work:
- Project management and delivery experience;
- Experience conducting safety risk assessments;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Recognised degree in Safety, Human Factors, Risk or related fields;
- 5+ years experience in Occupational Health & Safety with experience in
- Workplace Violence Prevention.
Resources are required to work Monday to Friday during normal office hours which are defined as a seven (7) hour and twenty-five (25) minute workday, with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch. Saturdays, Sundays and Statutory Holidays are off days.Place of Work / Travel:
Work will take place in the Greater Toronto Area; however, given the current pandemic environment candidates who can work EST hours remotely will be considered. The role may require some in-office meetings, following provincial social distancing and mask requirements.
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.