Our client is a top financial institution with significant North American holdings. They have operations across most major verticals, including institutional & corporate, wealth management, private client, commercial banking, treasury, and retail banking.
To undertake this work, the company's Safety Division requires an experienced health and safety professional with knowledge and understanding of fatigue management and associated human factors and best practice in relation to workforce safety. This experience and knowledge may have been gained in Canada or internationally
What you will achieve in this role:
- Reviewing the current status within the fatigue management policies, processes, procedures, and training programs;
- Based on the current state assessment, develop a fatigue management plan for the organization to address gaps and update processes;
- Develop an implementation plan for the program, including recommendations on next steps.
There will be a close interdependency with the stated work to input into the organization’s Fit For Duty policy.
This role will report to the Director, Passenger & Public Safety + Occupational Health, Safety & Environment.
What you will bring to this role:
- Project management and delivery experience;
- Experience with Fit for Duty safety policy development, including fatigue management;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Recognised degree in Safety, Human Factors, Risk or related fields;
- 5+ years experience in Occupational Health & Safety.
Hours of work: Resources are required to work Monday to Friday during normal office hours which are defined as a seven (7) hour and twenty-five (25) minute workday, with a one (1) hour unpaid lunch. Saturdays, Sundays and Statutory Holidays are off days.
Place of Work / Travel: Work will take place in the Greater Toronto Area; however, given the current pandemic environment candidates who can work EST hours remotely will be considered. The role may require some in-office meetings, following provincial social distancing and mask requirements.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.