OEM Sales Manager
Overview of the Position:
This position is responsible for developing and executing the group’s sales and marketing strategy including building sales by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships; implementing sales and marketing plans; and supervising sales staff who obtain profitable results through the sales of the company’s products and services.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- Communicates the value proposition (and differentiation within the market) of the company's services and products.
- Identifies sales targets by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Locates and contacts potential targets; discovering and exploring opportunities leading to an opportunity to quote engineering and/or manufacturing business.
- Ability to build a pipeline and execute on each phase of the sales process.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying target / prospect / customer operations, needs and goals.
- Consistently qualify, generate, and execute on opportunities that provide profitable revenue to Company.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements within Company.
- Demonstrating ability to build long term sustainable client relationships.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Accurately and consistently forecast expected sales for existing and new products.
- Work effectively as a team member and also facilitate the sales opportunity by providing leadership and orchestrating the internal and external resources needed to effectively manage the sales process.
- Maintain sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
General Requirements of the Position:
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and methods including prospecting, promoting, and selling products & services including:
- Motivation for sales
- Prospecting skills
- Sales planning skills
- Market research skills
- Closing & follow-up skills
- Selling to Customer needs
- Presentation skills
- Communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Sales team management skills
- Broad knowledge of electronic equipment, circuit boards, electric motors, plastics and manufacturing assembly.
- Basic understanding of engineering drawings.
- At least 5 years outside sales experience within the electro mechanical component/products industry.
- Able to travel extensively.