OEM Production Manager - Wilson, NCResponsibilities
- Achieve production objectives in conjunction with department and support staff.
- Develop departmental goals and implement action plans to attain these goals.
- Communicate objectives to subordinates and review departmental situations daily with staff.
- Coordinate activities to investigate problems and develop countermeasures.
- Motivate personnel to reach new goals on a regular basis.
- Attain quality objectives by ensuring teaching of Standard Practice, Working Standards, and Process Control Plan to subordinates.
- Coordinates the investigation and analysis of problems.
- Participate in the development of countermeasures to prevent recurrences, monitor departmental results, assure good housekeeping and secure assistance for necessary resources to assist in problem solving.
- Leads in the education of subordinates to assure knowledge and compliance to plant quality systems.
- Maintain cost effectiveness by budgeting departmental expenses, directing and controlling departmental activities within designated guidelines, and monitoring and analyzing performance.
- Initiate action to procure budget for capital and improvement projects that will increase work efficiency, machine utilization and eliminate non-value added work.
- Develop, Design, and implement strategic planning process and long range objectives as well as evaluate for continuous adjustments.
- Provide stability in the area of Human Resources by ensuring crew development toward goal attainment.
- Support education for crew and individuals, and identify and resolve problems.
- Serve on plant policy team to establish procedures for improved operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that all direct reports work in a non-discriminatory environment and for reporting and addressing and discrimination.
- Assure safe work place by promoting safety awareness, and monitoring and supporting safety programs.
- Insure regular safety meetings and contacts and assure compliance with lock out tag out and all other federally mandated programs.
1) Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering AND 8-10 years experience as a Manager/Supervisor in manufacturing
2) Associate's degree in a technical field AND 10-12 years experience as a Manager/Supervisor in manufacturing
3) 12-14 years experience as a Manager/Supervisor in manufacturing
Candidates should also have:
Click here to apply online
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities within a large and complex manufacturing/production environment
- Ability to develop and deliver strategic initiatives across the enterprise
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyze and interpret data into actionable results