Sales Representative - OEM
*This is primarily a corporate office-based position with travel as needed. Candidates should live within a commutable driving distance to the Reedsburg area.
Overview of the Position:
This position is responsible for selling design engineering services and electronic, mechanical, or electro-mechanical components and products produced by the company to customers throughout North America. The sales representative in this position will be capable of handling national/international accounts that are leaders in their market segments, as well as smaller niche companies.
This will be accomplished by building strong interpersonal relationships with prospects and customers. The position demands a person who can manage a complex sale process utilizing their technical and business skills with a common-sense approach.
This position offers a base salary, commissions (paid quarterly), medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, and vacation/PTO.
Primary Responsibilities of the Position:
- Prospecting for opportunities to quote new business through existing customers and develop new customers.
- Qualify the customer/opportunity leading to a quotation.
- Convert quotation into an order.
- Establish, grow, manage, and expand relationships in designated markets.
- Be a project team member working with customer and internal engineering/quality departments.
- Act as the primary contact for designated accounts.
General Requirements of the Position:
- Knowledge of customary sales approaches, principles, and methods, including promotion, lead generation, assessment of needs, building relationships, conversion of opportunities into sales orders, and post order follow-up.
- General knowledge of electronic equipment, circuit boards, electric motors, plastics, and manufacturing assembly.
- Basic understanding of or the ability to learn the basics of an engineering drawing.
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent presentation and selling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- At least 3 years of outside sales experience.
- Able to travel up to 50%.