Join this FQHC women’s health clinic in the Chandler, Arizona area!
- 100% funded health insurance premiums for employee & dependents = $0 out of check
- Dental, vision, life insurance
- Malpractice: FTCA coverage
- PTO, VAC, CME + allowance
- 403b retirement plan w/ match
- NHSC Loan Repayment Eligible: HPSA = 18 (also eligible for AZ state program)
- *** 100% of all providers that have applied have received funds, NO denials to date
- *** $25,000/yr in repayment
- Under the general supervision of the Director - OB/GYN, examines patients, takes medical history, records results, and makes preliminary diagnosis of disease, illness and injury and decides care plan, or follow-up procedures.
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, obtaining, updating and studying medical histories.
- Identify short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information; recommends options and course of action.
- Administer or order diagnostic tests such as X-rays, electrocardiograms, and blood work, and interprets test results.
- Perform therapeutic procedures, such as immunizations, injections, suturing and wound care, and managing infection.
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens, giving normal and abnormal development information, and promoting wellness and health maintenance.
- Exercise professional judgment regarding consultation with other Physicians concerning appropriate treatment.
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient care plans, instructing and counseling patients, and recording progress.
- Work in triage and make decisions on patient care needs.
- Maintain outpatient records by documenting patient care services.
- Record statistics and conduct research and compiles reports as deemed necessary by the organization.
- Perform referrals to specialists as needed, writes prescriptions for medications and equipment, and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment.
- Provide general health education regarding matters such as proper diet, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
- Perform emergency treatment and complex procedures as deemed necessary.
- Instruct nurses, medical assistants, back office assistants regarding assistance with patient care
- Protect patients and employees by following policies and protocols regarding infection control, medication administration, storage procedures and controlled substance regulations
- Supervise Medical and PA students during their clinic training
- Acts as a resource person for decisions, planning, and policies affecting the health of patients
- Develop the health care team by providing information, educational and experiential growth opportunities
- Aide medical and executive directors by serving on committees aimed at compliance, quality assurance, management, and performing confidential peer reviews as requested
- Contribute to team effort by fulfilling on-call duties and hospital hours
- Provide for in-patient hospital obstetrical coverage for center patients by being available for in-hospital call in accordance with hospital OB department policies
- Perform surgeries as deemed appropriate for patients on scheduled surgical days at hospital
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Participate in in-service/education regarding Quality Improvement
- Perform all other related duties as assigned or requested
Education And Experience:
- Completion of a four-year undergraduate degree, four years Medical School, one-year rotating Internship, three years in Residency.
- Completion of annual CME requirements.
- M.D. or D.O. degree.
For more information, contact Ren’e Pelayo at 602 788-5890 x116 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org