Nurse Trauma Program Director
Northeastern, VA area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Nurse Trauma Program Director for a great opportunity in the Northeastern, VA area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in a Trauma Program Department in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Trauma Program Director
- Demonstrates twenty-four-hour responsibility and accountability for nursing practice and quality of care to assist the Trauma Medical Director (TMD) in accomplishing the overall mission and goals of the trauma program.
- Collaborates with nursing management and staff nurses in defining, guiding, and evaluating nursing practice in the provision of trauma care; including creation of policies and procedures related to trauma care.
- Prepares trauma program reports for facility administration, Quality Council, Quality Management, other internal requestors and external agencies as needed.
- Maintains credentials and CME files for trauma surgeons and emergency physicians participating in the trauma program.
- Serves as a nursing consultant to other members of the multidisciplinary team and to community agencies.
- Assumes responsibility of acquiring and evaluating new knowledge and skills in the area of trauma nursing.
- Collaborates with others in local, regional, state, and national trauma systems in performance improvement activities, benchmarking, and trauma education.
- Acts as a resource to patients and families on both an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- Assesses and evaluates all aspects of the care rendered to the trauma patient and assures continual readiness for inspection of the trauma program.
- Oversees trauma Performance Improvement (PI) activities and works in collaboration with Quality Management to assure integration of trauma service PI activities into organizational mission and goals.
- Monitors the Trauma Team’s availability, rules, responsibilities, and resources.
- Analyzes registry data on the trauma patient population to identify trends for strategic planning and performance improvement.
- Coordinates trauma education concerning all phases of trauma care, including prevention and rehabilitation.
- Collaborates with the facility’s Education Department in planning, providing, and evaluating trauma-nursing education.
Requirements of the Nurse Trauma Program Director
- 3 years' of clinical nursing experience in Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit or other critical care areas required
- 5 years' of Trauma Program Management experience preferred
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- BLS, ALS and TNCC certification required and maintained