The Registered/Graduate Nurse, in collaboration with the Charge Nurse and other members of the health care team, applies clinical knowledge and skills to achieve quality patient care outcomes. Coordinates the provision of direct patient care according to Nursing Care Standards. The Registered Nurse assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and records patient care in conjunction with other members of the health team. Participates in teaching and rehabilitation of the patient. Coordinates discharge planning in conjunction with other members of the health team. Directs and assists the Licensed Practical Nurse, Nursing Assistant and Nursing Student in rendering quality care to patients. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the span of life. (S)He must be able to identify each patient’s age-specific needs and provide appropriate care for the adolescent and adult patient
REGISTERED NURSE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, and currently licensed as a Registered Nurse through the State Board of Nursing.
2. Prefer at least one year's clinical experience, in home health, medical, surgical, or critical care.
3. Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
4. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state.
5. Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
6. Has excellent observation, good clinical judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
7. Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
8. Acts as a liaison between patient/family and healthcare personnel to ensure necessary care is provided promptly and effectively.
9. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
10. Performs a variety of tasks.
11. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The registered nurse makes the initial evaluation visit, regularly re-evaluates the patient's nursing needs, initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions, furnishes those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill, initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, prepares clinical and progress notes, coordinates services, informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the patient's condition and needs, counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs, participates in in-service programs, and supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
**If interested or know an associate that wants to know more information about this amazing opportunity...
Marc Sambolin Recruiter
Direct Dial 973-795-7111 (Direct Dial)