The Royster Group is seeking a contract Nurse Practitioner (NP) to provide healthcare support for Ireland Army Health Clinic (IRAHC), Fort Knox, KY. The contractor shall provide the services of a Nurse Practitioner licensed to perform services of the nature and scope described for the IRAHC, Fort Knox, KY. The contract NP shall provide services to eligible beneficiaries of the military health care system who present themselves to the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) for treatment. The contract NP will work in conjunction with other health care providers, professionals, an non-contract personnel.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS to include, but not limited to the following:
- Provide medical care and treatment of diseases and/or injuries.
- Review medical histories and progress of patients.
- Examine patients, make diagnosis of disease or injury, and treat patient or prescribe a course of treatment.
- Abide by all facility rules, regulations, and policies.
- Conserve the health of patients through the application of diversified knowledge of preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic medical procedures.
- Seek advice of consultants, when appropriate.
- Oversee and monitor other medical personnel in the care and treatment of patients to include non-therapeutic services such as physical examinations.
- Initiate requests for tests, x-rays, and admissions to the MTF as appropriate.
- Follow-up on abnormal reports. Abnormal x-ray and lab reports received on patients seen by the HCPs shall be reviewed by the HCP within five days of its receipt.
- Prescribe medications, as appropriate, and in accordance with the privileges, hospital rules, and regulations.
- Prepare documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital directives, ensuring that all documentation and reports are legible and complete.
- Utilize the appropriate electronic medical record system for patient encounters.
- Refer all requests for patient/hospital information that cannot be handled by clinic personnel to the Patient Administration Division. After normal duty hours, requests should be referred to the Administrative Officer of the Day (AOD) or appropriate authorized personnel. Neither the Contractor nor HCPs shall release medical information without prior coordination with the AOD.
- Adhere to the Center for Disease Control guidelines concerning universal precautions and the MTF Infection Control Program at all times while providing services under this contract.
- Perform all duties in such a manner that they all meet JC standards.
HOURS OF PERFORMANCE
- Master’s or Doctoral Level degree in nursing.
- Graduate from a National League for Nursing approved college or university
- Shall have and maintain a valid, unrestricted license in any state and be able to obtain clinical privileges to practice medicine at the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) where services are provided.
- Must have current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration number (certification).
- Must be nationally certified through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within the last 3 years routinely practicing in rendering primary care medicine (e.g., Family Practice, General Medicine, Internal Medicine).
- Have and maintain a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Acceptable programs are the American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers or the American Red Cross “CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer” as the content-equivalent. (Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS certification).
Click here to apply online
- Contract personnel may be assigned to any clinic within IRAHC, Fort Knox.
- Generally, schedule will be 8-hour work days, Monday-Friday, anywhere between the hours of 6am to 5pm. These hours will vary in accordance with the mission.
- The contract HCP will not exceed 40 hours per week.
- No overtime