Nurse Manager of Oncology
Northern FL, area
Seeking a talented and qualified individual for a Nurse Manager of Oncology in the Northern FL, area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and 3+ years of experience working in an Oncology Department in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Manager of Oncology
Requirements of the Nurse Manager of Oncology
- Responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care for patients on the Clinical Unit
- Additionally, in collaboration with the Director, is responsible for the quality of nursing care provided consistent with the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the organization
- Provides leadership and management of the staff in the implementation of the nursing process
- Participates in and materially influences the selection, development, discipline, and evaluation of staff
- Correlates theoretical knowledge with clinical practice by using Nursing Process.
- Cooperates with other health team members in achieving the common goal of quality health care and supporting all quality initiatives.
- Conducts self as a professional role model and serves as a clinical consultant for staff.
- Demonstrates effective leadership for staff in the clinical area.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in adherence to staffing guidelines and utilization of Facility Scheduler.
- Demonstrates accountability and effectiveness in the management of the utilization of supplies and equipment.
- Participates in the data collection, preparation, and presentation of employee performance evaluations in conjunction with the Director.
- Participates in the development and presentation of staff meetings.
- Responsible for orientation, in-service training, and continuing education of all persons in the department/service.
- Plans and supervises an individualized orientation for new employees.
- Determines need and provides for in-service and continuing education of staff
- Identifies, discusses, and participates in the resolution of patient and departmental needs/issues through the:
- Counsels employees and provides documentation of exemplary and unsatisfactory work performance in a timely manner, assuring appropriate follow-up.
- Fosters an environment of engaged employees, who are committed to service excellence.
- Establishes trust, respect, and open communications among staff and customer groups.
- Serves as a role model for establishing and achieving appropriate work priorities.
- Shares responsibility, recognition, and ownership of team goals and results
- 3 years' experience in Oncology Department nurse management or leadership required
- 5 years' experience in Oncology Department nursing required
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Current and Valid RN license
- Basic Life Support Certification