Nurse Manager Medical Surgical MedSurg
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Nurse Manager Medical Surgical MedSurg for a great opportunity in the Houston, TX area. The ideal candidate will possess 3+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 2+ years of experience working in a MedSurg unit with a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Manager Medical Surgical MedSurg
- Under the general supervision of the Director, the Nurse Manager assumes 24-hour responsibility for all functions of the unit.
- In collaboration with the Nurse Director and members of the Medical Staff, this individual is responsible for the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the Unit by all levels of practitioners.
- Initiates, guides, and directs the coordination of all Unit functions.
- Functions as a resource person for staff members and assists in necessary education of individual members of the nursing staff.
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care provided by the unit.
- Makes decisions regarding activities within these areas based on Hospital Administrative Standards, Human Resource Standards, Department of Nursing Standards, collaborating with the Director in unusual situations.
Requirements of the Nurse Manager Medical Surgical MedSurg
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is required
- Current licensure in Texas as a Registered Nurse
- BLS or BCLS is required
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience in the area of specialty is required with an emphasis on leadership and management experience