Clinical Nurse Manager Intensive Care Unit ICU
Central South Carolina
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Clinical Nurse Manager Intensive Care Unit ICU for a great opportunity in the Central South Carolina area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital in the Emergency Room ER department and 1+ years of experience working in an Intensive Care Unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Clinical Nurse Manager Intensive Care Unit ICU
- Participates in the development, interpretation, and implementation of hospital philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Evaluates standards annually and as needed to make needed revisions to assure that nursing practice is current and congruent with the state Nursing Practice Act and standards of accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Conduct staff meetings quarterly and as needed for purpose disseminating information and quality improvement activities, sharing ideas and views to provide education for staff.
- Is dedicated to ensuring delivery of optimal care to every patient and to promoting comradely amongst the 24-hour health care team.
- Work as a liaison with personnel in other hospitals/agencies to meet the needs of our patients, community, regulatory agencies.
- Interviews new employees and makes recommendations concerning employment and position status.
- Submits annual equipment needs for units of responsibility and practices and enforce cost containment through the appropriate use of supplies/equipment and monitor recovery of lost charges.
- Maintains an attractive and organized unit that is functionally equipped and facilitates the provision of services.
- Review goals as identified by each employee, at the time of performance appraisal to identify future educational needs.
- Makes regular rounds to observe and evaluate patient care needs and the quality of care that is received.
- Promotes active use of the Nursing Process through supervision of patient care and care plan development.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of effective in-house and community patient education programs and evaluates to see that program goals are being met.
- Utilizes universal precautions as per hospital policies and continually monitors staff compliance with policies and provides counseling when needed.
- Initiates appropriate disciplinary action when necessary and document accordingly.
Requirements of the Clinical Nurse Manager Intensive Care Unit ICU
- Bachelor of Science degree in nursing or health care administration preferred
- Current license as a Registered Nurse from S.C.
- Current BLS upon hire with American Heart Association
- ACLS certification
- Prior-experience in a critical care setting
- 5 years of nursing experience in an acute care setting required
- 1+ years of experience working in an Intensive Care Unit in a leadership role