Nurse Manager Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Cath Lab
Northeastern, KS area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Nurse Manager Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Cath Lab for a great opportunity in the Northeastern, KS area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in a Cardiac Catheterization Lab in a leadership role
.Responsibilities of the Nurse Manager Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Cath Lab
- Provides leadership for and supervision of the Cath Lab and CV Prep and Recovery clinical service areas.
- The service areas will be centered on the care of the patients on a continuum related to a patient care event.
- Clinical, financial, and environmental, and employee-related functions of the service area.
- Conducts himself or herself as a professional role model, being a clinical resource for and acting as a liaison with the medical staff.
- Keeping department operations within budgetary boundaries, compliance with all regulatory requirements, and human resource issues.
- Integrates their department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions.
- Coordinates and integrates services within the department and with other departments.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates policies and procedures that define the scope of service and guide and support the provisions of services.
- Recommends a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care/service and assures the qualifications and competence of those staff members meet the needs of patient care and non-patient care services.
- Hires and evaluates new staff, provides for orientation, in-service training, continuing education, and annual evaluation of all personnel in their department(s).
- Oversees any disciplinary processes and termination of employees in their department(s) in collaboration with the Director.
- Ensures staff receives ongoing information/updates on the department and hospital levels.
- Maintains ongoing continuous performance improvement program compatible with our mission statement.
- Anticipates and is sensitive to requirements for excellent customer service and achieves quality results through leadership skills.
- Works collaboratively with others in overseeing Chest Pain Accreditation, data abstraction/registries/radiation safety
- Works collaboratively with others to oversee/manage inventory and equipment usage and needs.
- Supports clinical needs in the department as needed.
- Provides clinical/managerial support to ensure optimal efficiency with daily operations.
- Supports any other initiates within the department that are within the scope of practice to drive improvements, best practice, and an excellent patient experience
Requirements of the Nurse Manager Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory Cath Lab
- 3 years' of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory nursing experience leadership required
- 5 years' of Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory nursing experience required
- BSN required
- MSN preferred
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state KS or a Multistate License
- Current BLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- PALS within 1 year of hire