Full time Nurse Manager to our Progressive Care Unit at the Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
In this position you will:
- Ensure superior patient/customer satisfaction via the highest quality care and service
- Direct and supervise functions and activities in assigned areas
- Provide leadership in the professional practice setting
- Advocate for the protection and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing and other professions, especially related to health and safety
- Implement and interpret policies, procedures, standards, and regulations for personnel, patients, medical staff, and the public
- Provide duties in any nursing capacity as needed
- Adhere to the ANA Nursing Administration: Scope and Standards of Practice
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association
- Sufficient previous clinical experience in area of speciality with proven managerial skills
- Ability to deal with multiple prioities and short time frames
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from the American Heart Association
- Specialty certification in area of clinical expertise or management/leadership recognized by American Nurses Credentialing Center - ANCC
About the hospital you will serve.
This Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women’s Pavilion & Resource Center provides women’s health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. They have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. They care about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, they celebrate unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.