Nurse Manager of Cardiac and Neuro
Orlando, FL area
Looking for a qualified Nurse Manager of Cardiac and Neuro for a great opportunity in the Orlando, FL area. The ideal candidate has 3 years experience in an acute care setting and 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
Requirements of Nurse Manager of Cardiac and Neuro
Responsibilities of Nurse Manager of Cardiac and Neuro
- Nursing Diploma or ASN required; BSN highly preferred
- Current Florida State Registered Nurse license; or ARNP (3/2016)
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required for RN's on all nursing clinical units; or BLS, ACLS or PALS Instructor (3/2016)
- Current ACLS-New hire/transfer into higher skill level must obtain within 6 months. Required to work under ACLS credentialed RN until training certificate obtained. "
- Current NIHSS (National Institute Health Stroke Scale)
- New hire/transfer into higher skill level must obtain within 30 days. Required to work under NIHSS credentials RN until training certificate obtained. "
- Must have a Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 3 year RN experience in acute care setting; 1 year supervisory experience preferred
- Must have Manager or above experience
- Directs the continuity of care through demonstrated use of interdisciplinary team approach to patient care. Collaborates and shares pertinent patient information with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team regarding patient progress, and treatment.
- Develops and implements+ ongoing programs to measure, monitor, assesses and to improve quality of nursing care delivered to patients. Works toward hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measure, patient safety, and service excellence goals in assigned units.
- Ensures the effective coordination of the patient's care with other services and departments throughout the hospital.
- Ensures provision of quality care and services by maintaining appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
- Fosters a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Ensures patient communication and explanation of care is provided in a way that can be easily understood by patients and their families. Ensures patient family is informed of patient status.
- Fosters effective departmental communication and collaboration with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs.
- Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to appropriate community resources.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for ensuring effective pain management practices are in place and operational in area(s) of responsibility.