Nurse Director of Surgical Services
Southeastern, SC area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Nurse Director of Surgical Services for a great opportunity in the Southeastern, SC area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital in the Surgical Services department and 3+ years of experience working in a Surgical Services unit in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Director of Surgical Services
- The Director of Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations.
- The Director Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan; and documents their job performance
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program which assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital mission
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements which would expand patient services
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
Requirements of the Nurse Director of Surgical Services
- 3 years' of Surgical Services nursing experience leadership required
- 5 years' of Surgical Services nursing experienced required
- Bachelor's degree required
- MSN, MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- Currently RN
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred