Nurse Director Surgical Services Registered Nurse RN
Northwest, FL area
Currently seeking a talented and dedicated Nurse Director Surgical Services Registered Nurse RN for a great opportunity in the Northwest, FL area. The ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of current experience working in an acute care hospital and have 3+ years of experience working in a Surgical Services Department in a leadership role.
Responsibilities of the Nurse Director Surgical Services Registered Nurse RN
- The Director of the Surgical Services Department leads the perioperative team by focusing on safe patient care while effectively managing operations
- The Director of Surgical Services has 24/7 responsibility for their departments
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- Actively participates in service, departmental and hospital-wide committees as assigned, providing ongoing communication to those one represents
- Coaches subordinates providing feedback; constructive critique of work; facilitates individual development plan, and documents their job performance
- Effectively builds strong relationships and networks to deliver upon organizational and department goals
- Enforces standards of care for surgical services and develops processes to measure and ensure consistent compliance.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates an ongoing surgical services program that assures quality patient care consistent with the Hospital's mission.
- Monitors compliance with regulatory, accrediting, and hospital policy, environmental, patient, and personnel safety
- Oversees a PI program that consistently monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care
- Responsible for department’s operational excellence by ensuring delivery of quality services in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and professional standards
- Supports new program strategies and/or program enhancements that would expand patient services.
- Develops, prioritizes, and defends capital equipment requests.
- Is responsible for the fiscal management of department; assures proper utilization of organization’s financial resources
- Advances the growth agenda for Surgical Services, strives to become the OR of Choice for physicians, patients, staff, and payers in the community they serve
- Demonstrates a poised and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect within the organization and the community
- Promoting consistent positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service
- Practicing and adhering to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement
Requirements of the Nurse Director Surgical Services Registered Nurse RN
- 3 years' of Surgical Services nursing experience required
- 5 years' of nursing leadership experienced required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree MHA, MSN, MBA, or related field preferred
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the state where practicing
- Certified Nurse Operating Room (CNOR) preferred
- Certified Surgical Services Manager (CSSM) preferred