Field Service Engineer III - Nuclear Medicine
Department: Biomed – Administration
Location: Dallas, TX 75226
Type: Direct Hire Full Time Hourly plus Benefits
The successful candidate will have experience servicing Nuclear Medicine systems.
Experience servicing Siemens and GE equipment is preferred.
- The Field Service Engineer III repairs, maintains, tests, and calibrates complex diagnostic imaging equipment/systems to ensure its safe and proper operation.
- Engineer III maximizes patient safety by supporting the proper use, application and operational performance of patient care equipment.
- Engineer III performs scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) according to hospital policies, procedures and industry-recognized standards, using specialized test equipment, tools, and simulation devices.
- Engineer III documents all service events, performance tests and corrective maintenance according to department policy, using computerized maintenance management software applications and other standard office software applications. The Field Service Engineer III is responsible for ordering repair parts timely return of applicable repair parts, and timely submission of applicable order-related documentation.
- Engineer III assists with assigned projects, related to the installation, relocation, and disposal of medical imaging equipment/systems.
- Engineer III communicates effectively with customer(s) using various communication tools, to establish rapport with staff and to keep clinical staff and appropriate clinical management informed as to the status of repairs and installs.
- The Field Service Engineer III recommends improvements to PM schedule frequency, testing procedures and/or documentation forms and participates in and/or assists with development of departmental and hospital-based continuous quality improvement initiatives.
- The Field Service Engineer III participates in development and/or review of specifications for new imaging equipment acquisition based on approved capital equipment budget; assists with coordinating and performing clinical trials on new equipment under consideration for purchase.
The ideal candidate is willing to routinely travel to other client facilities to assist with scheduled and unscheduled service activities; is willing to participate in on-call rotation; is able to communicate with and interact with customers, providers and team members; is able to effectively self-manage time and assigned projects; and has excellent interpersonal skills in order to mentor less experienced engineers.
Benefits Package Includes*:
- Immediate Eligibility For Health And Welfare Benefits
- 401(K) Savings Plan With Dollar-For-Dollar Match Up To 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO Accrual Beginning Day 1