Reporting to the Transportation Safety Manager of one of the largest over-the- road carriers delivering U.S. Mail and commercial products with history tracing back 74 years. operating from 36 terminals across the USA and has scheduled delivery points in 49 states. With over 3,500 company-owned tractors and 5,000 company-owned trailers.
The Night Safety Supervisor is responsible for guiding a team that will support safety and compliance objectives by maintaining policies and procedures through research and coaching, documentation, and follow-through leading a team of 12 indirect reports. Responds and manages safety incidents involving company equipment, personnel and/or property. Maintains and supports compliance with FMCSA/DOT regulations. Trains, supervises, and guides staff Assuming responsibilities within normal assignments as well as being available for special project assignments as directed by immediate manager. Ensures the operation of in cab technology, safety programs, policies and processes are being monitored, maintained, and appropriately responded to. Monitors and update systems for asset management. Maintains, correlates, and disperses data collection reports as needed to multiple levels of management. Goal is to lead safety investigation implement safety procedures to ensure drivers successfully complete their routes every day.Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Transportation Safety Acumen (2 yrs.)
- Accident-Incident, injury investigation, prevention
- Samsara & LYTX camera or similar system
- Hours of Service records of duty
- Drug & Alcohol Testing
- CSA, FMCSA, DOT, HOS, ELD, & OSHA knowledge
- Computer Literate (Office 2000 suite, Word, Excel)
- Residence: Carter Lake, IA (relocation assistance)
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Speak to & train groups of drivers.
- Vehicle Maintenance requirements
- Class A CDL
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (i.e. business, Logistics or Transportation)
- Excellent communications (written, oral and presentation)
- Coach & mentor drivers
- Motivates people through collaboration
- Strong organizational and Project Management skills.
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Andrew Keenan
Truckload & Dedicated akeenan@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.168Click here to apply online