Our client based in the Northern Suburbs, is currently looking for a Network Security Engineer to join their team
- Give input on best practice security standards on new systems, network design, and respective third party integrations
- Support and maintain all network security devices across multiple sites (Globally)
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configurations, security architecture and best practice principles
- Daily administration of firewall rules, IPS Policies and Filters via change control procedures
- Monitor performance, logs, reports and alerts of potential threats or attempted breaches related to security incidents and remediate accordingly
- Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess near and long-term network security assessments, vulnerabilities and risks
- Perform and assist with vulnerability scans and penetration tests
- Willing to travel and be on standby
Key Competencies and Qualifications
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201753 subject heading or email body.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to seek out vulnerabilities in IT infrastructures
- A deep understanding of how hackers work and ability to keep up to date with the fast pace of change in the criminal cyber-underworld
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to take responsibility and be decisive
- Ability to work within a small team
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Formal Cisco certification ideal – CCNA (Security)
- Minimum of 5 years networks security support experience
- Must have experience in the areas of vulnerability threat management, cyber security, and supporting management tools and technologies such as Cisco ASA, Intrusion Prevention, FirePOWER- and FireSIGHT Manager, Qualys and Splunk
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.