Under the direction of the Senior Service Delivery Manager, this position is responsible for the management of the Wide Area Network, Local Area Network, Wireless Network, and Server Infrastructure. The position will also manage and provide direction in the daily operations of the IT Structured Cabling Technician.
This person will foster and maintain good relationships with customers (end-users) and mid and senior-level management, vendors and IT colleagues to ensure the successful completion and fulfillment of IT assets to support day-to-day operation and project efforts.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES
- Develop, plan, and implement projects that are aligned with the overall strategic goals of the organization's network and server systems. Evaluates and participates in the recommendation of changes to the current and future network and server infrastructure to ensure they will meet the organization's needs.
- Provide analysis, development, and operational support of servers, storage, virtualization, wired and wireless network solutions, and supporting new services and solutions.
- Able to develop and manage a scalable and secure Microsoft Azure Cloud solution with real-time monitoring, backup and maintenance.
- Coordinate with a team of specialists to ensure the daily performance and availability of the organization's network and server infrastructure.
- Support Cisco equipment implementing network installations at different locations.
- Overall responsibility for managing scope, cost, schedule, internal staffing, and outside vendors, and contractual deliverables.
- Lead the most complex projects related to server and network and coordinates the work of outside vendors and subordinates. Ensures vendor work meets applicable industry and internal standards.
- Act as a business liaison and escalation point for network and server-related problems and questions.
- Build strong working relationships with IT Service Desk, Desktop Support, Windows Hosting, Connectivity team, internal customers/end-users, and other internal partners.
- Develop and maintain documentation of functions and services.
- Creates and updates incident and change management activities to streamline ticket resolution.
- Advise in procurement and retiring of network and server devices and software.
- Ensure the key performance indicators are implemented for the process efficiency and continuously propose enhancements to the process.
- Enforce change control procedures and serve as a liaison to the Services team and the business for scheduling maintenance outages.
- Ensure the installation of firmware patches and updates to all network and server devices and software are performed in a timely manner.
- Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
- May give input into developing the budget for the functional area and service.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- 5+ years of IT Network and Server related Services experience; 1-3 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Skills and experience in running projects effectively are essential
- Capable of working under pressure/using own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Organized, methodical work style, paying attention to detail, and able to work independently.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Good oral and written skills, good communicator.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and product development.
- Expertise with MS Office software, including Visio, Word, Excel, and PPT.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage multiple competing priorities, and remain calm under pressure.
- Adhere to all personal protective environment gear requirements and safety practices
- Experience in Azure Cloud Operations
- Experience in ITIL is desirable
- Bilingual communication in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
BA/BS, Business or related field preferred
Cisco and Microsoft Certifications preferred (including Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Certification)
HYBRID: 3 days on, 2 off at either location (Monterey, CA or Bessemer City, NC)
Must be available to work irregular and/or changing shifts including holidays and weekends.