**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE PROVIDED **NO STATE TAX **PENSION PLAN AND OTHER OUTSTANDING BENEFITS
Network Engineer II - OSP
Network Engineers ensure the stability, integrity and optimal performance of the systems which support the Company's products and services. This will be achieved through completion of design initiatives, capital project creation, records maintenance, and supporting installation, maintenance, support, troubleshooting, and optimization of all fiber, copper, and wireless transport networks and associated hardware and software.
Outside Plant Engineers are responsible for the design activity related to outside plant cable and equipment including fiber, copper, cabinets, conduit, pole lines and any ancillary equipment. Utilizes land base, subdivision plats, right of way drawings, civil designs and other types of drawings and data to determine best routing and correct facility placement to ensure that the facilities are properly sized and placed in the correct legal locations. Plans proper facility utilization by using cable records and population density counts to ensure proper cable sizing. Ensures all facilities are either permitted properly by the correct government agency or that the appropriate private right of way is acquired. Provides design analysis to ensure best cost construction. Develop plans and alternatives when required.
- Recommends, creates and maintains all documentation as it relates to configuration, mapping, processes, service/circuit records, and asset inventories including topologies, administration manuals, standard operating procedures, support contacts, policies, procedures and training plans
- Maintains and reports accurate documentation on relevant hardware & software life cycle
- Updates asset management records, including maintenance of component asset inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information
- Provides regular maintenance and refreshes activities necessary to fulfill customer service requests
- Works with cross functional teams throughout the company to ensure seamless transitions of our products and services to the end customer
- Qualifies new equipment for use in the network and provides operational training on such equipment to the operational teams within the company
- Provides technical guidance to technicians for telecommunications facilities construction, turn-up, test and maintenance
- Assists in Engineering Design and respond to RFPs or non-basic detailed Quote requests
- Pre and Post Sales Support to Sales, Marketing, and Operations to include working with customers to identify service requirements and optimum network solutions; prepare competitive proposals in response to customer solicitations
- Maintains and tracks vendor relationships for training certifications, maintenance, and product support
- Performs ongoing monitoring, analysis, trending and reporting of current utilization levels and estimates future requirements using trends and thresholds for planning upgrades and enhancements
- Other duties as assigned