This position is responsible for researching, designing and deploying IP technologies across a wide variety of network vendors and applications. A successful candidate should have a deep understanding of Service Provider-related technologies such as: Routing Protocols and technologies, Carrier Ethernet, Transport/Optical Technologies, TCP/IP and Multicast. He or she should also have a good understanding of common business/financial drivers and be capable of considering those impacts when developing strategies. The ability to be self-driven and multi-task several complex projects are also key attributes for a successful candidate.
- Supporting the configuration, implementation, administration and efficiency of IP, Access and Video Networks
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software and other network or system issues related to the network
- Creating Method of Procedures for configuring, testing or otherwise modifying network elements, solutions or architectures.
- Developing documentation for testing, troubleshooting or administrating network devices or network architectures
- Developing test plans for evaluating new technologies or features
- Working with Network Operations teams to aid in troubleshooting efforts or supporting long-running network projects
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience at a Service Provider or similar environment.
- Experience and proven understanding of IP networking, routing protocols, client-server application architectures and network hardware.
- Experience creating financial models, business cases, and presentations based on complex network designs
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated expertise in many of the following protocols and technologies: Ethernet, TCP/IP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS (LDP/RSVP), High Availability (VRRP/HSRP/GLBP), Multicast (PIM/IGMP), QoS, HTTP, SSL, VOIP.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills associated with planning, design and implementation of complicated service provider architectures and applications
- Strong written and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex topics in both written and verbal form.
- Understanding of large-scale network capacity management and modeling.
- Strong large-scale network troubleshooting skills
- Experience with U-Verse, FiOS, or other triple-play architectures including the associated underlying access, Ethernet, and/or transport network infrastructures.
- Experience with large-scale service provider Carrier Ethernet and/or core IP networks
- Strong knowledge of service provider routing and/or transport architectures, including knowledge of commonly used network hardware vendors (Juniper, Cisco, Nokia, Adtran, Calix, Coriant, Ciena, etc.)
- Software development and/or scripting experience