========This is estimated job description ========
The Network Administrator will be the primary point of contact for configuration, support and maintenance of workstations, servers, mobile devices, routers, PC networking and input/output devices, maintain and update applications, maintain site inventory. Responsibilities will include set up, configuration, troubleshooting, analyzing and repair work. You will need to have excellent analytical skills to evaluate and modify system performances, demonstrate regular attendance and timeliness, ability to take ownership, working knowledge of PC hardware with the ability to diagnose problems, repair computers and input devices.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other departments for problem resolution
A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another applicable area of study plus two (2) years of Network Administration or Help Desk experience is required; however, an equivalent combination of education and/or relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree
Knowledge and Experience
- 2+ years of Network Administrator or Help Desk experience
- Networking knowledge of DNS/DHCP/LAN/WAN.
- Knowledge with Windows Server support and troubleshooting (2008 or higher)
- Experience working in a mixed environment of Windows and Apple/Mac.
- Experience working within Office 365, including supporting applications.
- File Transfer Protocol server experience
- VPN knowledge
- Strong knowledge with SNS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Japanese Bilingual preferred