NetSuite Accounting Financial Analyst
About the Organization:
The organization is a professional membership association headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. The organization supports the role of human resources as a profession and provides education, certification, and networking to its members, while lobbying Congress on issues pertinent to labor management.
- Revenue: $113M
- Number of employees: 400
- Members: 285,000
The NetSuite Accounting Financial Analyst is responsible for the financial administration and operation of the Enterprise Resource Planning system (ERP). In this capacity, the analyst serves as an internal resource to understand business requirements for the financial systems, optimize related work processes, enhance the platform and ensure applications function properly to meet the organization’s needs. The position works closely with Finance and Technology to identify and define systems needs to support operations and user job functions, including planning, testing, as well as building and maintaining reports within the ERP
- Provide financial administration and operational support of ERP system. This includes administering and maintaining functional processes and configurations, providing direction and training for ERP supported third-party applications, providing ongoing system analysis, problem resolution and process improvement recommendations.
- Perform functional configurations and enhancements, system maintenance, business process testing, and recommend configurations improving and maximizing the use of the system.
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues with product lines, with emphasis on sales order management and advanced revenue recognition. Coordinate with vendor support teams to resolve complex issues or to complete additional configurations. Maintain current knowledge in all aspects of the platform’s functionality.
- Track resolution of issues and communicate status update.
- Analyze data from the system, prepare reporting based on needs, and actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and system related projects, including upgrades.
- Liaise with business process owners and developers to establish, document and maintain functional requirements for financial workflows, custom fields, forms, records, and user roles to ensure flow of business requirements. This includes building reports, searches and dashboards that provide comprehensive business intelligence for users and management.
- Develop and maintain documentation of functional processes and procedures relating to all routine system support and projects. Develop training plans and conduct training sessions for staff.
- Design and develop custom reports and manage their regular delivery to applicable stakeholders.
- Implement and maintain ERP enabled third-party applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 3 years of functional/technical experience with NetSuite or cloud-based accounting/ERP system.
- Possess excellent organization skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be detailed-oriented and possess a demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience and knowledge of NetSuite.
- Experience implementing financial ERP applications.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Project management skills
- Experience documenting business processes
This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.