We have an exciting ground floor sales opportunity with tremendous upside potential. The successful candidate will play a key role in launching a new plant-based brand in the meat category, complementing our current, industry leading brands across Natural and Conventional Retail. Qualified candidates will be outgoing, fast paced, charismatic and fiery sales professionals ready to take on a new challenge. In this role you will identify and secure new retail and business throughout the U.S. and assist sell in with Sales team for growing ACV and penetrating new customers.
This position will be instrumental in driving insights and strategic blueprint to gain revenue and share in plant-based meat. How we win and map out new ACV gains will be key to success for this important role in the category and rocket growth to new levels.
This position can be based anywhere in the continental U.S. with proximity to major airport.
This position reports directly to the VP of Retail Sales and will direct a sales team of 6-7 individuals.
- Drive immediate sales results, marketing and selling our amazing brand products to retail customers.
- Lead B2B sales meetings, delivering presentations to retail executives and customers.
- Strategically target new leads and leverage current distribution through your relationships and network in retail along with targets for distributors, and other potential customers.
- Coordinate product promotional initiatives and on shelf activation for bringing plant based to shopper attention
- Develop and nurture private label plant-based meat options as profitable P/L metrics to strengthen customer relationships and scope of business.
- Cross functional skills in working across finance, marketing, and shopper marketing to bring best in class in store merchandising and customer pull
- Provide complete marketing support to targeted National Account partners to achieve annual volume objectives.
- Support Sales efforts in cross functional meetings and presentations with Marketing, brand, and consumer expertise to Partner Marketing/Insights teams. Just be prepared to change the norm and vastly elevate the existing partner business model!
- Develop co-marketing programs to support the successful launch of Company's products
- Work directly with Account Managers to develop Sustain and Grow strategies and plans to drive traffic, trial and expand menus to elevate velocity.
- Identify evolving customer needs and consumer behaviors to continuously refine and search for food service wins at Retail prepared foods.
- 7+ years of successful sales experience (B2C, B2B, Business to Distributor), with meat product sales experience an absolute must.
- Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- 4-year degree
- High degree of accountability and track record of winning in market
- Innovation speed to launch adoption principle
- Executive presence to influence Buyers and internal stakeholders with in depth understanding of meat category
- Self-motivated and engaging in a fast-paced and action-oriented environment.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with senior management, the Board and the team.