The Kroger National Account Manager position will be reporting to the Director of Sales and is an integral role within the sales team and will support our expansion and growth efforts across this strategic channel & customer. This position is responsible for achieving monthly sales budgets, market share, and profit objectives by identifying business opportunities and providing an assessment of results by evaluating promotion- pricing- execution and assortment.
The position also coordinates information, steers data for planning and continually works to improve sales value to the team. This team member will become a customer & information expert and can create grocery industry category stories that will support growth within Kroger and across the divisions.
This position reports directly to the Director of Sales and is based in the Cincinnati, OH area
• Drive immediate sales results, marketing and selling our amazing products to retail customers.
• Oversee and manage the current product listing and execute innovation initiatives that will achieve distribution objectives.
• Coordinate product promotional initiatives and on shelf activation for bringing plant based to shopper attention.
• Develop strong working relationships across the organization and within the customer & broker framework.
• Conducts category reviews, performance reviews and periodic assessments
• Pulls relevant information to build & develop impactful customer specific selling stories that reflect category business building initiatives.
• Identifies and creates brand building opportunities within Kroger Divisions.
• Maintains an awareness of trends in the industry, competition, and communicate account changes.
• Cross functional skills in working across finance, marketing, and shopper marketing to bring best in class in store merchandising and customer pull.
• 5+ years of successful sales experience (B2C, B2B, Business to Distributor), with meat product sales experience an absolute must.
• Highly self-motivated and driven to succeed.
• Limited travel now. Post pandemic, expect travel of up to 50% of the time.
• 4-year degree
• High degree of accountability and track record of winning in market
• Innovation speed to launch adoption principle
• Executive presence to influence Buyers and internal stakeholders within depth understanding of meat category
• Self-motivated and engaging in a fast-paced and action-oriented environment.
• Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills including the ability to effectively interface with senior management, the Board and the team.
• Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America.
• Professional and career development opportunities.
• Competitive Health and Welfare plans.
• Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees.