Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill has an exciting opportunity for a Modeler/Drafter. The successful incumbent will develop and maintain Master Solid CAD Models and Process Operation CAD Models using Siemens NX to support manufacturing processes for rotating aerospace components. They will also maintain model file structure to insure proper integration of models between process, drafting, tooling and manufacturing groups. The Drafter/Modeler plays a key role in maintaining the model structure to insure model updates are effective throughout all engineering groups.
Perks and Benefits
Magellan Aerospace, Haverhill offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Develop/implement solid model from customer drawings/solid models/IGES files etc.
- Develop/implement solid models for internal processes
- Work with manufacturing engineers/programmers to create detailed operation drawings
- Work with manufacturing/tooling engineers to create detailed tool models/drawings
- Create/maintain proper NX file structure to support multiple file access and effective updates
- Interface directly with customers as required to alleviate NX/drawing technical issues.
- Test/implement NX software updates and required NX license structure for entire department
- Provide NX technical support and training to all Manufacturing/Quality engineering personnel
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Manager or Director
- BSME or equivalent experience in aerospace manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years - preferably in aerospace machining environment
- Mechanical aptitude, Problem solving, Process development
- Collaborative skills
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.