Working with the team lead to review specifications, develop quality software applications as well as participate and contribute to requirement gatherings, design sessions and SCRUM activities. In this role, the .Net Software Programmer will follow Agile software development practices, design patterns and best practices to come up with high quality working software. The ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator with an interest with consulting with internal IT partners for innovative solutions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform systems analysis and design activities in accordance with development methodology.
- Develop high quality code according to user stories.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Design and develop web or console applications in C#/Java/Python
- Responsible for written and verbal communication with QA, Scrum master, manager, and other IT roles.
- Understand and use REST API and applications of common design patterns.
Experience and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 3 of years of software development experience
- Proficiency in C#, .NET and using Visual Studio IDE for development and debug
- Experience in client-side coding technologies such as Ajax, jQuery, HTML5
- Experience in Git, CVS, TFS, preferred
- Experience in MVC architecture, preferred
- Basic proficiency in HTML, CSS, XML
- Agile/ Scrum experience
- Focus on TDD - test driven development.
- Awareness of responsive design principles
- Understand DB concepts and ability to interface with common DB
- Experience with unit testing and integration testing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience, required.