We are looking for motivated, intelligent, process driven individuals to commence employment at the entry level. You will be guided through a proven orientation, training and professional development routine where you will learn the skills to succeed as an NDT Inspector. Please note this position is night shift and the hours are 4:30pm - 1:00am.
This is a full-time permanent position.
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Receive training in non destructive testing techniques and an overview of aerospace inspection standards and practices.
• Learn operations, management objectives, risk assessment and evaluation procedures
• Problem solving and root cause analysis
• Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of duties.
• Develop an understanding of the objectives and functions of related departments
• Interpret blueprints and specifications, and ensure that products are processed to the proper procedures and standards
• Communicate professionally with all customers, auditors, management and coworkers
• Track supplies and maintain an accurate list of materials for ordering
• Identify issues and employ correct techniques to correct.
• Identify equipment issues as they arise and perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Complete all requires process paperwork (route cards, analysis forms, etc.
• Work towards successful passing of internal and external audits
• Abide internal procedures, and specifications, to help the Company maintain its NADCAP and customer certification
• Use measuring and evaluation tools
• Must pass vision test with or without corrective lenses
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 1 year of working in an industrial environment preferably, however other experience will be considered.
• Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories.
• Good communication skills in English.
• Work towards earning qualifications in one of the NDT disciplines
• Able to pass internal testing and training to meet NAS-410 requirements
• Experienced with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!