Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent NDT Technician at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conducting NDT inspections of aerospace components according to applicable techniques, and interpretation of inspection results.
- Processing production parts (conforming and non-conforming) in accordance with company procedures.
- Monitoring applicable NDT equipment in accordance with requirements for correct operation, condition, and calibration.
- Maintaining NDT certifications in accordance with company procedures.
- Providing support to all departments of the Company in dealing with the NDT method that certification is held.
- Setting up and calibrating NDT equipment as required.
- Preparing NDT techniques.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- CGSB Level II certification for ultrasonic inspection is strongly preferred – Level II certification in other NDT methods will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year aerospace experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be eligible for NAS 410 Level II Ultrasonic certification.
- Experience or familiarity with AS9100 Aerospace Quality Systems.
- Strong computer skills (Automated Ultrasonic software, MS Office).
- Knowledge and understanding of inherent and non-inherent discontinuities found in materials.
- Knowledge and understanding of materials and processes used by an aerospace company.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.