Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defense and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for AN NDT Level I. The successful incumbent will conduct radiographic and ultrasonic on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications by performing the following duties. Please note this position operates under the 2nd shift (3pm to 11pm)
- Process parts, document results and perform equipment standardization in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Carry out any necessary preparation of parts before or after inspection in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard.
- Receive guidance or supervision from a certified Level 2 or 3 in that method when necessary.
- Provide the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees.
- When approved by the Responsible Level 3, perform interpretations and evaluations of specific product(s) or product form(s) for acceptance or rejection in accordance with approved work instructions.
- Training Required
- Radiographic R/T - Level I - 40 Hrs. - Level I - 2 Mos.
- Ultrasonic U/T - Level I - 40 Hrs. - Level I - 2 Mos.
- Certification must be obtained for each of the inspection methods.
- Certificate from college or technical school; 2 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and write reports
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Reasoning ability is required to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.