Inspects parts for damage using non-destructive testing (NDT) and other techniques, maintains NDT equipment.
Magellan Aerospace, Euravia North America offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
• Represents Euravia North America in a professional manner.
• Follows policies and procedures established by Euravia North America, FAA, Quality Assurance Manager, Chief Inspector and NDT Level Ill.
• Inspects parts for damage.
• Uses NDT equipment to determine acceptance and/or reparability.
• Maintains NDT equipment in accordance with preventive maintenance schedules.
• Maintains and keeps appropriate documentation on all parts for tracking purposes.
• Able to use precision measuring and gauging tools to perform inspections.
• Able to understand manufacturer and company manuals, written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
• Ability to relate to others in a courteous manner.
• Ability to learn and adapt to varied work assignments.
• Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required to perform responsibilities.
• Ability to demonstrate proper judgment and decision making skills when necessary.
• Ability to perform work with little or no supervision.
• Ability to produce a significant volume of work efficiently in a specified period of time.
• Ability to produce results with a minimum amount of rework.
• Demonstrates a willingness to accept other duties as assigned.
• A High School Diploma (or equivalent) is desired.
• Level II NDT or higher qualification.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications such as, but not limited to, Overhaul, Maintenance, Inspection and Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Service Bulletins, and Airworthiness Directives.
• Working knowledge of dimensioning and aptitude for using precise close tolerance measuring equipment.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!