Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
We are looking for motivated, intelligent, process driven individuals to commence employment at the entry level. You will be guided through a proven orientation, training and professional development routine where you will learn the skills to succeed as an NDT Inspector. Please note that for this position, we are offering both a day and evening shift. The range is $16/hr to $18/hr.
This is a full-time permanent position.
• Receive training in non destructive testing techniques and an overview of aerospace inspection standards and practices.
• Learn operations, management objectives, risk assessment and evaluation procedures
• Problem solving and root cause analysis
• Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of duties.
• Develop an understanding of the objectives and functions of related departments
• Interpret blueprints and specifications, and ensure that products are processed to the proper procedures and standards
• Communicate professionally with all customers, auditors, management and coworkers
• Track supplies and maintain an accurate list of materials for ordering
• Identify issues and employ correct techniques to correct.
• Identify equipment issues as they arise and perform preventative maintenance on equipment
• Complete all requires process paperwork (route cards, analysis forms, etc.
• Work towards successful passing of internal and external audits
• Abide internal procedures, and specifications, to help the Company maintain its NADCAP and customer certification
• Use measuring and evaluation tools
• Must pass vision test with or without corrective lenses
• High school diploma or equivalent
• A minimum of 1 year of working in an industrial environment preferably, however other experience will be considered.
• Ability to read and interpret documents written in English such as procedure manuals, work instructions, software manuals, warehouse work orders and inventories.
• Good communication skills in English.
• Work towards earning qualifications in one of the NDT disciplines
• Able to pass internal testing and training to meet NAS-410 requirements
• Experienced with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel preferred
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports COVID-19 public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)