Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for NDT Inspector level 2.
- Full Time- Temp 6 Month Contract
- 42 hours (24/5 shift)
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To undertake PFD testing of aircraft parts according to approved methods to ensure 100% surface integrity of the parts to customer specification and to issue pass/fail criteria.
- To cross check the job card matches the job (e.g. part number s, batch numbers, quantities etc) and to escalate to the appropriate Line Manager if errors are found.
- To check job cards to ensure that all prior operations have been signed and stamped prior to carrying out any work. To escalate to the Line manager if not the case
- To prepare parts for cleaning prior to PFD testing (e.g. Jigging wiring)
- To carry out cleaning of parts according approved customer specified methods (e.g. dip tank cleansing)
- The safe use and disposal of relevant materials and chemicals including ensuring HSE and COSHH regulations/requirements are met
- To ensure the work area complies to the company wide site 5S standards
- To ensure self and others complies with the company Health and Safety policy at all times
- To ensure parts are dried and contaminant free prior to testing
- To carry out the PFD test according to the production schedule, appropriate approved customer methods and specifications and to ensure that only the approved chemicals are used
- Inspect parts to the required customer specification and to assign pass / fail criteria as required.
- To complete an NCR sheet for any failed parts and file as required
- To arrange packing of completed (passed) parts to the appropriate standard to ensure metal to metal connection is prevented to avoid corrosion of parts
- To part mark completed connectors with the relevant information according to customer specification.
- To ensure that the job card is signed off and stamped upon completion of job
- To carry out grain flow testing to customer methods and specifications as required and to apply pass / fail criteria and escalate appropriately to the Line Manager
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- The job requires a basic level of education, numeracy and literacy.
- The job requires the jobholder to have undergone and obtained a PFD level 2 exam pass.
- The job requires the jobholder to have undergone on the job training of a minimum of 420hrs to be able to be competent in the job.
- The job requires the jobholder to be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry would be beneficial but not essential.
- The job requires the jobholder to consult EFACS to identify customer specifications but does not require any other IT skills.
- The job holder is required to read and interpret engineering drawings and to be able to setup parts and processes requiring numeracy and a high degree of hand to eye co-ordination.
- The job requires the jobholder to make decisions as to how to process parts to the correct standard and involves a degree of skill.
- The job requires the jobholder to assess parts according to strict pass / fail criteria which requires judgement and interpretation of standards.
- The job requires the jobholder to manual handle heavy items on a frequent basis with and without mechanical aid.
- The job requires the jobholder to bend and twist on certain jobs and requires a lot of stamina.
- Team player
- Good attention to detail and a Completer /finisher
- Confident and ability to work with others at all levels
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent communicator.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!