The role entails preparation and development of numerical programs used to drive NC and CNC tools. The applicant also needs to select the necessary tools that are used in cutting, and in establishing the sequence of operations involved in machining.
Magellan Aerospace, India offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages.
• He / She should Study & Analyze given 3D solid model or pdf/Auto CAD drawing
• Preparation of process sheet operational drawing & work instruction for operators
• Fixture Concept designing, using 2D & 3D software like Auto CAD & CATIA.
• Selection of the cutting tool’s & its cutting parameter
• Generating optimum tool path in CATIA-CAM software & verification with VERICUT software (for 3, 4 & 5 axis machine).
• Proving generated program on CNC machining center ( HMC/VMC/Turning/Turn mill etc.) having SIEMENS 810-D/ 840-D/ Fanuc /Mazak controller )
• Configuration management of NC program.
• Conduct Continuous Improvement project for optimization of Manufacturing Cost & Cycle time
• System related activities like AS 9100, OHSAS etc
• The applicant should have knowledge & experience of various metal cutting processes like – Turning, Milling, Drilling, boring, slitting etc.
• Should have knowledge of various cutting tools & holders required for above operation. Knowledge of cutting parameters needed for Aluminum alloy’s, Titanium, Inconel is must.
• Hands on experience in SIEMENS 810D, 840D, FANUC & Mazak control.
• 2D (Manual) & 3D CNC programming knowledge.
• Awareness of PFMEA, 5S, 7problem solving QC tools etc.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!