Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for NC Manufacturing Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The purpose of the role is to interpret customers’ specifications and engineering drawing and to engineer components using NC Programming/Verifying techniques. In addition the role will involve driving down over capacity on machines to meet the company’s continuous improvement targets.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Engineer components using NC programming / verifying various components on all CNC machines.
- Creation of prove-out sheets and oversee prove out of new programs
- Understanding and interpretation of customer specifications and engineering drawings.
- Design of various complex fixtures and jigs.
- Construction of solid models
- Creation of component part documentation to create a stable process and to achieve a set machine runtime.
- Optimisation of existing processes to drive down over capacity on machines with the objective of reducing the quoted runtimes to resolve bottlenecks in manufacture to meet CI targets.
- Assist within all aspects of engineering the production process, material flow and machine utilisation.
- Any other duty that may be required of you by the Engineering Manager and for which you have the skills and attributes to carry out with or without further training.
- Ensure that all work is carried out within the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and that you maintain a safe workplace for yourself and your colleagues.
- Conduct your work within the company environmental and quality standards.
- Ensure that your work environment follows the principles of 5S & 6S standards.
- Understanding of work holding methods, both physical and Vacuum
- Project manage the NC introduction of new product through the machine shop manufacturing system.
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight time scales and in support of demands from the customer.
- Ability to coach and guide members of your team
- Ability to work singularly or as a team.
- Liaise and support the operations NC department as required
- Some hands on experience and practical application in this role will be required.
- Generation of technical reports to suit customers requirements.
- Liaise and support internal departments after and during the introduction of new or modified programs.
- Creation of set up sheets
- Knowledge of tool cutter technology and utilisation
- Specification of cutters to optimise metal removal
- Large scale component manufacture experience
- HNC/HND BSc in an Engineering discipline or similar level qualification in this discipline.
- 5 years’ experience of High Speed Machining.
- Good understanding of tooling selection for the required component.
- 5 years’ experience at this level
- Advanced Catia V5 Programming
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and customer specifications
- ‘Vericut’ simulation software
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Large scale component manufacture
- Understanding of material distortion as a result of machining
- Control of material distortion and correction.
- Knowledge of optimum Speeds and feeds
- PC skills, Microsoft Office.
- Ability to cope under pressure
- Flexibility in your approach to work
- Project management
- Organised, methodical and completer finisher
- Ability to work on own initiative and to coach and mentor more junior engineers.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Team player with the ability to bring new ideas to the table.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!