Duration: 6 months to start
Location: Downtown Toronto
Occasional travel to New York could occur in 2020
The purpose of the role will be to support the BSM business, resolving functional queries & issues including P&L, PLVAR, risk, simulation, pricing, market data, data mart and MXML. Taking issues and their requirements from inception through to release.
Provide technical support to help with the global end of day batch processes and support the development team with building and deploying change. Ensuring skill transfer and skill deepening within the global team in order that all members can function well globally and answer all types of queries.
The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and supporting the business’ functional requirements and ensuring issues are resolved as quickly as possible. Liaising with other teams to ensure the business needs are met and prioritized in the correct manner and there are no gaps in expectation between the business and IT.
They will ensure as part of the team that support calls are captured and completed in a timely manner. They will gain the trust and have a good relationship with the front office, middle office and back office across the multiple businesses.
- Atlassian tool suite including JIRA and confluence
- Manage production incidents through IBM RTC and internal technologies.
- Building a detailed knowledge of system flows surrounding Murex
- Implementing enhancements and recommendations for the XFOS instance of Murex
- Developing colleagues’ understanding of the Murex platform and its capabilities.
The technical requirements for the role involve a proven track record in Murex with experience in front office configuration, simulation, trade entry & trade workflow, trade pricing, datamart, end of day procedure, market data Interface and MXML exchange.
- Excellent proven knowledge of P&L troubleshooting risk, pricing and market data issues.
- Experience configuring curves, generators and indices.
- Experience of gathering business requirements and seeing them through to release.
- Extensive all-round Murex experience.
- FLEX knowledge
- Experience in MXML Exchange, interfaces, trade Entry, trade Workflow, pre and post trade rules.
- Experience in the construction and performance of dynamic databases for reporting purposes. Detailed knowledge of the Murex reporting framework
- Experience working with quantitative analysts.
- Understanding of upstream\downstream trade processing.
- Good experience with Unix and shell scripting
- Navigating and understanding a Sybase instance of a Murex DB.
- Key product knowledge: Money Markets and Fixed Income
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience of production support within an investment banking environment with exposure to both front and back office flows.
- Experience working as part of a project delivery team
- Core Java and Spring