Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Multi Skilled Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To deliver first line maintenance support to company assets
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
Provide first hand maintenance support for machine & plant breakdown:
- Fault finding motors, conveyors, compactors and other plant equipment.
- Repairing hydraulic/pneumatic pumps and systems.
- Installing / fabrication: Steel &PVC pipework.
- Mechanical Installations & Repairs including Pumps, Fans & Gearboxes
- Provide reactive and planned preventative maintenance support in line with PPM
- Liaise with maintenance support for stock spares and requisitions
- Complete all supporting paperwork
- Support maintenance team in the delivery of agreed facilities objectives to 6S standards
- Maintain professional development and industry compliance
- Track the maintenance requirement as per agreed schedule
- Analyse and resolve work problems, or assist workers to resolve theirs
- Suggest changes in working conditions & use of equipment to increase efficiency of activity
- Maintain awareness of costs associated with machine downtime
- Communicate adjustments and changes when they happen
- Work with and support Maintenance Systems Assistant to keep accurate records of activity
- Work to maintenance schedules and estimate worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Interpret specifications as required and work to SOP’s within Manual Operating Systems
- Work with and support Maintenance Systems Assistant to develop work procedures & SOP’s to meet departmental requirements
- Recommend ways to improve maintenance methods, equipment performance and quality of equipment
- Support workers to achieve work goals
- Coach & Mentor Trainees to ensure skills as passed on
- Interpret and comply with company HS&E Policies and safety regulations
- Identify potential hazards and take appropriate action to eliminate them
- If Requested, Test the fire and emergency alarm systems for compliance
Academic and Experience :
- A recognised industry qualification will be required, and previous experience is essential.
- Experience maintaining machine tools or similar would be advantageous
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- The ability to carry out PPM.
- Experience in diagnosing faults and repairing hydraulic/pneumatic pumps and systems.
- Experience in dismantling and successfully rebuilding mechanical plant to a component level including drives and gearboxes to a high standard.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read technical drawings and literature.
- Experience in working with dynamic machines and their associated guarding and controls.
- Leads by example, setting goals and targets
- Manages time and prioritises
- Trains, mentors & colleagues
- Listens and communicates
- Assesses risks and makes decisions
- Thinks clearly and analytically
- Able to work shifts
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!