My Client has a very exciting oppurtunity in the Memphis area for a multi craft maintenance technician. It's a fast growing company with challenging work and they offer great benefits and compensation package!
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
· Monitor and maintain all equipment and equipment subsystems such as mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, refrigeration, instrumentation and controls as assigned.
· Diagnose equipment faults/failures down to the root cause. Repair the equipment appropriately. Make recommendation to address all root cause issues found.
· Use the CMMS system to complete and document all maintenance performed on the equipment in a timely manner, and work with Equipment Engineers and Maintenance Planners to optimize the maintenance performed on equipment.
· Recommend updates to the Spare Parts Management systems to ensure that the optimal level of parts is available
· Rebuild equipment to bring it back to Like New condition and return them to Spare Parts Inventory.
· Set up equipment to support internal and external customer requests
· Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
· Follow operating procedures and work instructions when performing duties as applicable.
· Recording repair and machine maintenance data
· Reading work orders and specifications to identify machines requiring repair
· Collaborating with coworkers in all tasks to continuously improve any issues found.
· Monitoring work being performed by outside contractors
· Complying with all safety policies and procedures when performing maintenance
· Performing additional responsibilities as assigned by supervisors and managers
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· 5 + years of equipment maintenance experience
· Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
· Ability to read, interpret and analyze electrical/mechanical schematics, block diagrams and flow charts
· Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, instrumentation, controls, and hydraulic processes
· Ability to make sound equipment maintenance decisions under minimal direction
· Ability to physically able to push, pull and lift, at times heavy loads throughout the day
· Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently.
· Ability to identify maintenance problems and implement standard courses of action to resolve problems within established project timeframes and administrative and technical requirements.
· Ability to utilize precision measurement equipment properly, including calipers, micrometers, multimeters, meggers, depth gauge, and calibration equipment.
· Working knowledge and understanding of HAZMAT, MSDS, EPA, NFPA and OSHA requirements
· Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with production staff
· Preference will be given to candidates with the following:
· 10+ years of equipment maintenance experience
Experience in a glass manufacturing or processing industry