Location: Virtual. Can sit in Toronto/Vancouver OR Montreal
The selected candidate Underwrites mortgage loans ensuring Company and/or correspondent-originated loans are high quality and conform to investor and secondary market requirements and internal lending policies to protect Company interests.
What you will achieve in this role:
• Complete basic credit analyses and credit analysis section of underwriting review form to determine loan application approval or denial.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the brand.
• This position operates within established procedures for assigned unit. Decisions beyond assigned authority are referred to higher management for approval.
• Monitor packages for underwriting requirements and follow-up on pending loan packages. Ensure all information is complete prior to completing file review.
• Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
• Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
What you will bring to this role:
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• Minimum 2+ years proven experience in Mortgage Operations and Credit Analysis within an Financial Institution
• Proven working knowledge of Mortgage Credit Regulations and Guidelines
• Proven mathematical, analytical and communications skills
• Bachelor's degree in business, related field or equivalent experience
• Solid computer skills/strong technology - Must be able to adapt to a WFH environment with the credit underwriting skills
• Solid team and communication skills
NICE TO HAVE:
• French Language Skills (Big Nice to have)
• Cantonese/Mandarin Skills
We thank you for your interest in the position, however, only those who are qualified will be contacted
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities, and we provide an accessible candidate experience; accommodations during the application process are available upon request.