The Mongo DBA will function as part of a team effort to create an Omnichannel Ordering experience for the Consumer Business Unit and Customers. The DBA will be engaged in all aspects of supporting the development, test and production MongoDB environments to support the ESHOP stack. The Mongo DBA will function as a member of the System Team supporting the Lead to Cash value stream for the Mongo implementation of Blue Marble.
- Database software Installation and Configuration
- Upgrades of MongoDB, Database Migrations and Updates and application of database patches
- Capacity management and high availability solutions and recommendations
- Backup and restores, Export and Import of Data to and From MongoDB, Run time configuration of MongoDB
- Develop and implement Defragmentation strategies and Index rebuilds
- Designing DR (Disaster Recovery)/COB ( Continuity of Business) plans as applicable
- Develop Architecture and Schema Design – working with Application/Development team
- Hands on experience in Server Performance tuning and Recommendations and Query tuning
- Shell scripting and Log rotation/ maintenance
- Monitoring at Server, Database, Collection Level, and Various Monitoring Tools related to MongoDB,
- Database Health checks, Database Profiling, Locks, Memory Usage, No of connections, page fault, Disk usage, CPU, Memory check Alerting, etc.
- Writing best practices documents for sharding, replication for Dev/App teams
- Segregation of duties and roles
- Hands on experience in Root cause analysis for business impacting issues
- Typically 10+ years professional experience with a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education and experience and 8+ years with a Master's Degree.
- Expert working knowledge of MongoDB as DBA role
- Some working knowledge of Datastax/Cassandra
- Working knowledge of API interactions to database technologies including MongoDB or Datastax(Cassandra), Oracle, mySQL.
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycles
- Strong people skills--Effective communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Training or experience which demonstrates familiarity with Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and empowered environment
- Self-starter, can-do attitude a must in a fast-moving business and technical environment.
- Strong problem solving skills, time management and oral and written communication skills