endevis, a provider of professional recruiting services across North America has been retained by one of the top organizations in their industry - a $14B leader. We are looking for a very talented and driven Molding Process Engineer within our rapidly growing MS plant.
About this Position
This position is responsible for coordinating the molding efforts on new program launches, setting up and/or revising manufacturing processes for current programs. Assisting the manufacturing operations in problem solving and continuous process improvements: Reduced Scrap, Increase OE, Reduced Cycle Time. Documents and presents findings of the improvements to management. Implementing the improvements and it at the floor. Lead injection molding process through support manufacturing Operations. Responsible for overseeing tooling, fixture, and gauge design and engineering drawing mark- ups per job launch plans.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop new processes, assess and document for New Programs (Process Cards)
- Implement and evaluate changes to existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity and overall equipment efficiency.
- Perform root cause analysis and work towards resolutions
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to technicians, operators, coordinators and other molding personnel.
- Trial new tooling and equipment and make modifications as needed to meet quality and production goals.
- Maintain and update all Process Cards.
- Lead and participate in value added activities for ongoing cost reductions projects.
- Provide technical support/solutions to manufacturing, drive cost reduction activities and improve on part quality.
- Demonstrated ability to start-up, operate and shut down process related equipment.
- Must be able to work independently on new process development as well as troubleshooting current production issues.
- Install all new injection molding equipment: Molding Machines, Robots, Termolators, Conveyors.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Developed and recommends design changes, cost reductions, equipment or process improvements.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of processes and productivity.
Need to Haves (Basic Qualifications)
- 3+ years' experience within Molding Process Engineer in a precision injection molding plant (preferably Automotive Products).
- Bachelor of Engineering minimum
- Detailed understanding of plastic part design, polymer materials, tooling, equipment with some automation process.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- Preferably Master Degree
- Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of APQP quality principles
- TS-16949 IATF
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate and lead others with a positive attitude including leading training programs.
- Capacity to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, determine critical parameters and develop process controls.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and effectively plan and prioritize work to accomplish multiple projects with competing deadlines
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.